Happy Fall Y’all! The season is definitely changing as the weather is getting cooler, leaves are changing, and Thanksgiving is within grasp. For all of the family gatherings that are coming up, or for a simple treat, this super easy beverage is simple to make – alcohol optional, but encouraged!
I went camping with some friends who found this recipe from Farm Wife Drinks – the recipe worked out fantastic. We woke up, put everything in the crock pot, and made breakfast. By the time that breakfast and the kids were all up we each had one of these in our hands. The taste is not overwhelming of pumpkin or spice and is smooth. It is just a nice warm beverage on a cold night or something to have out on the bar with dessert.
- 4 cups of coffee
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of half and half cream
- ¼ cup of pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 8 shots of RumChata – optional
- Whipped Cream
- Pour the coffee, milk, cream, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice into a crock pot.
- Cook on high for an hour and stir. Turn to low and continue to cook until hot.
- Ladle into mugs. Leave room for a shot of RumChata if using and add RumChata to the mugs.
- Top with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice.