Spinach artichoke dip is one of my favorite appetizers because it requires minimal prep work and everyone loves a hot appetizer. This classic dip is fool proof which warrants it worthy of your table at the next big gathering. Natasha’s Kitchen provides this solid recipe without need to modify any of the ingredients.
I made this dip after searching through my recipe stash while struggling on what to make when asked “bring a simple appetizer for a BBQ”. I quickly cut up a hothouse cucumber, celery sticks, made pita toast points, and opened some triscuits and tortilla chips. By providing various accompaniments you cover your bases with the health conscious and the foodies.
- 8oz cream cheese (reduced fat is ok)
- 16 oz light sour cream
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 1½ – 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 14 oz quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 oz can diced jalapeños, drained
- 10 oz frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, pressed
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt together 8oz cream cheese, 16 oz sour cream, 1 stick butter and 1.5-2 cups parmesan cheese, stirring frequently until melted and an even consistency. It should start to bubble.
- Stir in coarsely chopped artichoke hearts, your drained jalapenos and drained spinach (I used my hands to squeeze spinach over the sink to remove excess water). Finally, stir in 2-3 pressed garlic cloves.
- Serve hot with chips or crackers or toasted baguettes.