Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from our family to yours. What are you bringing to the table today? This year we were charged with veggies and instead of grabbing the casserole recipe (remind me I must share that with you) we went for something unique, EASY, and super tasty.
These little bundles of joy can be wrapped up the day before and stored air tight in the refrigerator or quickly done in about a half hour. Neufchatel cheese is extremely similar to that of cream cheese and is usually found near cream cheese in your supermarket. If you can not find it, fret not, cream cheese will work as well. The original recipe calls for the entire 8 oz block of cheese. I find that buying three bundles of asparagus and wrapping them in a set of threes will be about 20 slices of prosciutto and almost one block of the cheese.
We found this recipe compliments of Trish and have used this several times with beef tenderloin roasts, fish, or steaks. Let us know what you use it for!
Prep: 15-30 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Yields: 4 servings
- 1/2 pound prosciutto, sliced
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 12 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Spread prosciutto slices with Neufchatel cheese. Wrap slices around 2 or 3 asparagus spears. Arrange wrapped spears in a single layer on a medium baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until asparagus is tender.