Chef Mandy Landefeld makes easy to follow recipes based on the “ish” method making it fun to cook in the kitchen. She is a chef, a lifestyle expert, an interior decorator, and mother of 3. I have had the pleasure of working with her several times at The Cooks Warehouse where she provides expert instruction in the classes provided there.
There are several dishes that could deserve a little extra “something something” such as Crock Pot Pulled Pork Tacos or a great grilled pork loin. If you haven’t guessed, it’s bacon jam. This super easy accompaniment will give your next meal that extra kick it deserves. If making ahead like I did, make sure to warm up the jam prior to serving. Don’t forget to let us know what you have put this bacon goodness on!
Yield: 6-8 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups Sweet Onions
- 6 slices Bacon
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Creole Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Slice onions into slivers and spread on sheet
- Slice bacon into chunks and spread evenly on sheet
- Sprinkle seasonings evenly
- Bake for 20 minutes or until onions have become soft
- Pulse in food processor and taste for seasoning