Pumpkin everything is going on now, and how else to celebrate the beginning of Fall with these fall flavors? We love pumpkin pie so much – so trust us, we are critical when it comes to a solid recipe. This one made the cut and was ridiculously simple to make. Thanks to the guys over at Eagle Brand® for getting us this killer recipe that we have adapted this post from.
Word of Caution: Our dream Pumpkin Pie is not overpowered by spices, not too sweet, and is creamy in texture like a creme brulee. If you like yours any other way, this is not the perfect pie for you. Sorry! Taste is great because everyone likes something different. For those who enjoy pumpkin pies as described, bake on!
Why do we say ridiculously simple? We poured all of the ingredients into a bowl, whisked, and baked. It took us more time to write this post than make a pie!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 55 mins
Ready in: 1 Hour 10 mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil at any point if the crust begins to brown too much.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator. We had to bake ours 45 minutes so don’t be afraid to go longer.